Interview at Paperback Writer - A Typical Writing Day

Interview at Paperback Writer


 Give us an example of a typical writing day. 

I have no typical writing day! For The River of Forgetting, it was such a personal and intense project that I had to work on it when I could and how I could. I’d haul out my journals from the relevant time and cull them for useful passages, get back into the feelings of the time, and then try to craft a story that would show just what I was going through. It was important both to capture the intensity of what I went through – recovering old, traumatic memories from childhood – and also to make a narrative that readers could relate to.

  Do you write on a computer or with pen/pencil and paper?

The computer is my best friend.[Read the rest of the interview...]

No comments: