In the Movie Version of My Life...

Blogcritics interviewer asked:

If your memoir, The River of Forgetting, were to be turned into a movie, who would you love to see play what characters and why?

I’m afraid that a younger Jack Nicholson would do a great job of being my father, because he’s so good at being both charismatic and creepy. His performance in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest was so reminiscent of my dad that it was hard for me to watch.

Sally Field might be able to play my mother. She would need to bring out a strange combination of stubbornness and passivity, along with an ability to lie to herself, that Sally could convey brilliantly.

Meryl Streep could be my therapist, any day. Why not? She can easily show compassion and intelligence along with a strong sense of purpose and integrity, and she does it with very subtle changes in her face and body.

No comments: